Saturday, March 18, 2017

Meet Citabria!

 There is a red-shoulder hawk that sometimes hangs out at the airpark.  So I named him Citabria, after a type of airplane (fun trivia that I didn't know till Bill told me - the Citabria is a creative version of "aerobatics" spelled backwards!).  After a couple of "missed approaches" (where I went to photograph him/her, lugging my long lens and all, only to find no one "home!"), I scored a few shots.  
 I was still fairly far away and had to really crop my images, so...  I can't wait to get my new camera (definitely planning on that happening soon now!!) and an extension for my long lens.  That should help a lot with shots like these.  My camera is somewhere around 12 years old now, and while still very high quality and a vanguard at the time, it's now probably considered obsolete and valueless technologically!  I am looking forward to having a camera that can handle low light/long exposures better and where I can boost the ISO without major noise happening!!!


He/she finally sat still long enough for me to get a good portrait!

1 comment: