Friday, March 17, 2017

Random stuff: East Texas is blooming!

Usually, I try to post things chronologically, but so much has piled up, I'm going to worry about it!  So it's probably going to look like spring, then back to winter, then back to spring,...!  But in the immortal words of a both wise and bratty friend I had back in third grade, "so what!?!"
 So it's spring here now!  And has been coming on for the past month or so.  Towards the end of Feb. I found out about a place - about an hour away and open to the public - full of naturalized daffodils (thanks Susan & Joe!)!  A 4-mile drive on a dirt road with occasional swaths of yellow blooms...






 I went with a new friend at the airpark and timed it for a non-weekend day, but there were still plenty of people there with us.  It was a little challenging to get shots without people or cars.  Such a good spot for posing your kiddos!  I would've been posing my pooches if they'd been with me!!




  
 Towards one end of the loop section is an old cabin just above a small lake.

  


Right before one of our photo stops, I heard a high-pitched sound out of the window and couldn't quite figure out what it was.  I wondered if it might be a giant flock of birds...like we've had at the airpark...like in Hitchcock's movie...  Yup, that's what it was all right!!
All those little tiny dots?!  Yup, birds!

1 comment:

  1. We only wish we could have colour back home here. All brown still.

    ReplyDelete